Spring is around the corner and it calls for spring cleaning…yes you heard it right- spring body cleansing. After heavy winter and all festivities, we definitely gain few pounds. Now its time to eat right and drink right to balance out your health chart.
As weather gets warmer your fluids intakes increases, but what if your that fluid intake gets flavorful and healthy. Sharing with you all my quick and easy detox recipe- Cucumber-Lemon-Mint Detox. Its a perfect formula to keep you hydrated, refreshed and at same time helps you lose couple of pounds. The benefit of detoxing your body are numerous, and the best part is super easy process. This detox water also flush out toxins, great for healthy skin, helps in better digestion etc.
This detox is quick way to increase your daily fluid intake replacing high calories and sugary drinks. The best part is you can keep refiling the water as you consume it through out the day. The water can be used for 2 days when stored refrigerated. Whatever you call it, infused water, detox water, weight loss water, detox water…and so on, just give this detox a try and see the difference
Know your Ingredients
With just 4 ingredients this recipe couldn’t be easier and quick. We all know cucumber, lemon and mint are very healthy and good source of many nutrients. Before we make this detox lets know how healthy these ingredients are.
- Cucumber – Cucumber have number of health benefits. Containing about 95% of water, it just not helps you keep hydrated but but fills your belly, resulting in less eating. Low in calories cucumber contains vitamin C & K and minerals like Potassium, Manganese and Magnesium, It helps in flushing out toxins, cleans the gut, helps with constipation and also improves your heart, lungs and kidney health
- Lemon – Lemons as we all know are loaded with vitamin C and soluble fiber. Vitamin C improves skin health, reduce wrinkles from aging and helps with sunburn. Lemon contain pectin, a type of fiber which helps with appetite and weight loss. Having a glass of lemon water in the morning is a great way to get your daily vitamin C, its really tasty and refreshing. Lemon not only helps you keep hydrates but also improves your digestion. It also have detoxing benefits, prevents kidney stone and have anti-cancer properties.
- Mint – Mint contain the volatile oil menthol, giving you that cooling, cleansing feeling and refreshing taste. Mint infused water tastes wonderful add flavor and sweetness to water plus freshen up your breath. Mint is also good for digestion and helps with irritable bowel syndrome
Cucumber-Lemon-Mint Detox Benefits
- Helps with weight loss: This detox is a very good way to include healthy drinks to your diet, replacing sugary and high calories drinks.
- Detoxes: This detox is a natural detoxifier, it helps in eliminating toxins from your body.
- Improves kidney health. Proper hydration helps to improve your kidney health, resulting in filter, process and excretion of waste from body.
- Helps in controlling high blood pressure and regulate body temperature
- Hydrates the body and also promotes healthy skin.
- Improves digestion system and boost your immunity.
- Higher energy levels.
How much water should you drink?
As per health experts, to stay hydrated one should have about 8 (8-ounce) glasses of water per day. This is a generic guideline we have been hearing all the time. But actual amount varies from person to person, depending on individual weight, activity level, and the climate or season you are in. For example you need to have more liquid in summer than in winter.
So, you might start having this detox, half the amount of the total fluid intake for per day. Say, 4 glasses of detox and 4 glasses of regular water per day. But you can totally have more than 4 glasses.Continue drinking it for couple of days, take few days break and start again. This way you will get a change and see the difference.
Disclaimer: As always, please consult you dietitian or doctor for more information and if you start this detox water for weight loss or any other health diet programs. The information provided in this post is generic and might not work out for people with certain allergies and underlying diseases.
Step by Step Instruction with Photos
- Throughly wash cucumber, lemon and mints leaves.
- Thinly slice cucumber and lemon.
- In a large pitcher add thinly sliced cucumber, lemon and mint sprigs and pour water.
- Let the water sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 4 hours to let all the flavors infused. The longer it sets, the more flavors it will have.
- Enjoy this detox water through out the day. The best part of this recipe is you can keep refilling the pitcher with water as you go through it. Win win … infused water handy through out the day!
This detox can be stored refrigerated with cucumber, lemon and mint in the pitcher for 1 day. But if you strain solids ingredients from water, it will stay up to 2 days. Store detox water refrigerated in a pitcher with lid on and enjoy water as required, with or without ice or even at room temperature.
But I would say make it fresh and have it fresh as this detox water taste best when served fresh and enjoyed the same day.
Cucumber-Lemon-Mint Water/Easy Detox Recipe
This detox is quick way to increase your daily fluid intake replacing high calories and sugary drinks.
Throughly wash cucumber, lemon and mints leaves.
Thinly slice cucumber and lemon.
In a large pitcher add thinly sliced cucumber, lemon and mint sprigs and pour water.
Let the water sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 4 hours to let all the flavors infused. The longer it sets, the more flavors it will have.
Enjoy this detox water through out the day. The best part of this recipe is you can keep refilling the pitcher with water as you go through it. Win win … infused water handy through out the day!