Grilled Veggie Burrito Bowl- Grilled veggies, fresh salsas, guacamole, savory black beans served on the bed of Cilantro-lime rice and lettuce, topped with sour cream and grated cheese makes perfect burrito bowl. This vegetarian burrito bowl is fresh, healthy and is full of flavors. Recipe or Ingredients might look overwhelming, but trust me everything is super easy and simple. I like everything from the scratch but you can have few store-bought ingredients to save time or make them beforehand. Plus, this burrito bowl can be customized as per your preference. And to make more healthier, you can use quinoa replacing rice. Serve with tortilla chips on the side and Enjoy!!!
- Click here for Fresh Guacamole ,Pickled jalapeño, Pico De Gallo/Fresh Tomato Salsa and Tomatillo Salsa Verde/Green Salsa recipes.
Step by Step Instructions with Photos
For Black Beans
- Pick and rinse black beans, soak in enough water for overnight or at least 8 hours.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil add minced garlic, soaked black beans, cumin powder, and red chili powder. Cover and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles. You can cook in Insta pot too.
- Wait until pressure cooker release all steam, later test couple of beans by pressing them with spoon against the side of the pot. Beans should be soft and tender. Not too mushy or too hard.
- Season with salt and Add chopped cilantro and keep aside.
For Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Pick and rinse rice with water. Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Add rinsed rice and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Switch off the flame, drain boiled rice over colander and let them cool down a bit.
- Transfer the rice in bowl and fluff the rice with fork so that they don’t stick together.
- Add lime zest, juice, chopped cilantro and season with salt.
- Mix everything gently. Cover and keep aside.
For Grilled/Sauteed veggies
- Slice peppers and onion lengthwise.
- Heat oil in thick bottom pan/cast iron skillet over high flame. Once oil is hot, add sliced veggies and sauté for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Don’t over cook the veggie, cooked until you see brown spots and veggies are still crunchy.
- Switch off the flame, sprinkle black pepper powder and season with salt as required.
- Transfer the veggies in a bowl. And in a same pan add corn kernels over high flame and sauté for 30 seconds. Season with salt. Alternatively, you can boil the corn kernels.
- Sauté your veggie right before you are ready to serve, for hot and crunchy veggies.
For Assembling the bowl
- Once everything is cooked, chopped and ready, you are all set to make your burrito bowl.
- In a serving bowl or deep dish, arrange a portion of cilantro-lime rice and lettuce.
- Top with black beans, grilled veggies, corn, guacamole, salsa, pickled jalapenos, sour cream and Mexican blend cheese.
- You can customize your burrito bowl with all of the ingredients or as per your taste and choice.
- Fresh and healthy burrito bowl ready. Serve with tortilla chips on the side. Enjoy!!!
Grilled Veggie Burrito Bowl
Grilled Veggie Burrito Bowl- Grilled veggies, fresh salsas, guacamole, savory black beans served on the bed of Cilantro-lime rice and lettuce, topped with sour cream and grated cheese makes perfect burrito bowl.